The Big Banyan Tree or locally called as the Dodda Alada Mara, is an ancient and awe-inspiring attraction. Believed to be over 400 years old, this massive tree covers an area of approximately 3 acres. Its sprawling aerial roots create a captivating network, making it a sight to behold. The Big Banyan Tree is a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and photographers, offering a serene and picturesque environment. Visitors can enjoy leisurely walks around the tree, bask in its shade, and appreciate its grandeur. The tree’s historical significance and natural beauty make it a favorite spot for picnics and outings. With its unique charm and fascinating presence, the Big Banyan Tree stands as a testament to Bangalore’s rich natural heritage.
Timings : 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Time Required : 2 – 3 hrs
Entry Fee : No Entry Fee
- Activities and Tips:
- Take a peaceful stroll around the Big Banyan Tree, marveling at its vast size and intricate aerial roots.
- Enjoy a picnic or a serene moment under the shade of the tree, immersing yourself in its natural beauty.
- Capture captivating photographs of the tree’s unique features, particularly during golden hours for stunning lighting.
- Visit the tree during weekdays or early mornings to avoid crowds and fully appreciate its tranquility.
- Wear comfortable footwear and carry water and snacks to make your visit more enjoyable.
- Haunted Stories:
- According to local legends, the Big Banyan Tree is rumored to be haunted by spirits and supernatural entities.
- Some visitors have reported experiencing eerie sounds, unexplained shadows, or sudden drops in temperature near the tree.
- Haunting tales include stories of ghostly apparitions, mysterious whispers, and an unsettling atmosphere around the tree.
- It is believed that the tree’s age and history contribute to its haunted reputation.
- Whether you believe in the paranormal or not, the haunted stories add an intriguing element to the Big Banyan Tree’s allure.