Skandagiri, also known as Kalavara Durga or Kalwarbetta, is a captivating hill fortress located near Bangalore in Karnataka, India. The hill is renowned for its scenic beauty and a popular trekking destination among adventure enthusiasts. The trek to Skandagiri starts early in the morning, allowing trekkers to witness a breathtaking sunrise from the hilltop. Along the way, trekkers can explore the ruins of an ancient fort and enjoy the mesmerizing views of the surrounding landscape, making Skandagiri a memorable and rewarding experience for nature lovers and trekkers alike.
The terrain can be challenging, with rocky slopes and a moderately difficult ascent, making proper trekking gear and footwear essential. Due to its popularity, it is advisable to start the trek early to avoid crowds and ensure a serene and enjoyable trekking experience. The beauty of Skandagiri lies not only in its landscape but also in the tranquility and peacefulness it offers, making it a must-visit destination for those seeking adventure and a connection with nature.
Tags : Trekking
Timings : 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Time Required : 1 day
Entry Fee : INR 450
Difficulty Level of Trek : Moderate
Things To Do and Tips:
- Trek to the Hilltop: Skandagiri is famous for its trekking trail that takes you to the hilltop. The trek offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape and the chance to witness a stunning sunrise. Enjoy the adventure and immerse yourself in the natural beauty along the way.
- Explore the Ancient Ruins: Once you reach the hilltop, take some time to explore the ancient ruins of the hill fortress. These remnants add a historical and cultural element to your visit, providing a glimpse into the past.
- Enjoy the Sunrise: One of the highlights of visiting Skandagiri is witnessing the sunrise from the hilltop. Wake up early and make your way to the summit to experience the magical moment as the sun peeks over the horizon, painting the sky with vibrant colors.
- Photography: Skandagiri offers picturesque landscapes and panoramic views, making it a paradise for photography enthusiasts. Capture the beauty of the hills, the fort ruins, and the surrounding nature as you make your way up the trek.
- Start Early: It is recommended to start your trek early in the morning to avoid the heat and crowds. This will also ensure that you reach the summit in time for the sunrise.
- Wear Suitable Clothing and Footwear: The trek involves walking on rocky terrain, so wear comfortable and sturdy shoes. Dress in layers to adapt to changing weather conditions.
- Trekking Guide: If you are new to trekking or unfamiliar with the trail, consider hiring a local guide who can provide assistance and ensure a safe trekking experience.